Monday, March 14, 2005

Welcome to my blog

Not sure how this will work out for me. I've never done a blog before.

Here's the deal: I can't keep up with email anymore. It's not because I'm too cool for email, I'm just getting mass quantities because of my recent health issues. You all are the best friends and family in the world!

Believe it or not, this was my mom's idea. Either I'm way behind when it comes to technology or she is on the cutting edge. I'm pretty sure it's not the first...sorry Mom.

***Just in case you were wondering how it feels to Ryan J. Krabill when he is writing his blog...it feels really weird. I'm second-guessing everything I'm writing like it is going to be graded or something. Anyway, go easy on me, I guess.***

The idea here is that I will be able to give you all updates on my daily radiation schedule as it is happening. I can also give you the latest scoops on what I'll have to do in preparation for my radiation--so far it doesn't sound like fun. Before it's all over, I might lose some teeth, salivary glands, and some of my ability to taste. There are other side effects, too, but I'll save those for another time. The best part of this blog is that you'll be able to get the updates when you want to get them, not when I shove them into your inbox.

So that's the word for now. I'm sure I'll have all kinds of enigmas to share with you as well as pointed observations over the course of the radiation treatment. Shoot, maybe I'll even be able to educate a few of you on things like Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Perineural Invasion.

Mostly though, I'll just be fishing for pity. :)

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Kier said...

Wow - I just stumbled on your blog (through the nifty "next blog" button) and am very interested to read on! Best wishes for a quick recovery - keep us updated!

*K*

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger zhsy00001 said...

Me too, (good luck and God bless).

=]

Me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home