Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Step Closer

Today was another double whammy at the hospital with both radiation and chemotherapy scheduled. I had a pleasant surprise during radiation treatment that I think I briefly mentioned in my last entry. At the time I didn't know what kind of change would be made in the treatment, but now I do. Up until today, I have been receiving five zaps of radiation per treatment session. Beginning today, that number is reduced to three per session. The best news of it all is that it cuts the time that I am actually in the chamber by more than half!

Chemotherapy also went pretty well and my nurse did a great job of getting the IV set up. Last week it took 3 tries--this week, only once, and it was relatively painless. Unfortunately, she is not scheduled to work next Tuesday when I get my last treatment.

So a big hurdle was jumped today and now I have 6 radiation treatments remaining as well as one more round of chemotherapy...the countdown continues.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Big WOO HOO!!! YIPPEEEEE!!! You're almost done! We're praying for you.
Love ya.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Kier said...

So happy to hear that it's almost over! Still reading, praying, and keeping you in my daily thoughts!

*Kier*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home