Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Search - Day One

I'm hoping that "The Search" is a short series of blog entries not lasting more than about 4 days.

Today I slept in until about noon and even then I wouldn't have woken up if my sister had not called me. I think it was mainly because I had trouble sleeping last night despite the fact that I had been up for 40 of the previous 48 hours. A new place tends to do that to a person I think! Oh well, I don't feel too badly about spending half my day in bed--I think I've earned it.

So last night I checked out an unfurnished studio that I thought was furnished. After the initial disappointment, everything checked out. I just need to get the application submitted and I'll be in business. I know of at least two other people who are interested in the same studio, however, so I know that there are a number of people on the hunt.

(Well, one additional bummer is that the gym that has been advertised as being available on the premises is actually fire-damaged and won't be available until June.)

More good news is that I will be checking out two more places tonight--one furnished and one unfurnished. The landlord for the furnished one is okay with a 6-month lease and the unfurnished one is actually cheaper than the unfurnished one that I looked at last night even though it is in the same building. Hopefully I'll have good updates for you on these two options soon!

Yesterday I spoke briefly with my new boss at the USDA. My first day on the job will be next Tuesday and I'll be reporting at 9:30. The first day will mostly involve paperwork and getting my photo ID taken care of...that kind of thing. I'm really excited about starting up, however, because it will help distract me from other things that are going on.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home