Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Back Online

I finally finished cleaning up my laptop and putting it back together last night. This comes after the orange juice incident almost two weeks ago that left me with a few very sticky keys that caused all kinds of problems whenever I tried to type. It was probably the most tedious thing I've done in a while. As a child, I occasionally put together some model cars and as anyone who has built model cars knows, the pieces are miniscule. Well, laptop key mechanisms are much smaller. But I persevered and the reward is worth it because my laptop is working better than ever. It is one of those rare occasions that my efforts to improve something mechanical actually succeeds.

Anyway, I'm not feeling especially motivated to write much tonight, but since I've been offline for so long I feel like I should get an update on here for my legions of screaming fans that have been asking, no, begging me for updates. Of course I'm being facetious, but it's fun to imagine.

Lest anyone forget, my second appointment with the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I can say with great confidence that I will learn nothing new from this trip to the doctor's office. Nothing new with respect to my condition, that is. The news I expect to hear is that indeed the films from my PET scan are inconclusive--something I suspected early and had confirmed by the radiation oncologist. Nevertheless, the ENT will look at them tomorrow and let me know what he thinks is the best course of action. My expectation is that this course of action will be "minimally-invasive" exploratory surgery to remove and test a couple of the lymph nodes in my neck. However, this won't happen tomorrow but I do sort of expect to find out when he is planning to perform the surgery--and in the words of my radiation oncologist, "probably sooner rather than later."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home