Monday, June 06, 2005

Big Day

For two reasons, today is a pretty big day and should answer some long yet completely unrelated unanswered questions.

The first, and with a decidedly more direct impact upon me, is my follow-up appointment with my radiation oncologist to discuss the results of last week's PET/CT scan. Hopefully, everything will be negative which will mean I probably cheated radiation treatment for up to as many as six more months. Another possibility is the exact opposite: the scans come back positive and they recommend radiation treatment starting as soon as they can make the arrangements. The third (and in my opinion the most likely outcome) is that the scan will be inconclusive or unclear and they will have to go in there physically and take several portions of my lymph nodes for testing. If negative, I'm all good. If not, then they'll have to go about removing the lymph nodes either by radiation or surgical removal.

The other issue is the Washington gubernatorial race that has been dragging on for about, ummm...forever. Today, Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges will rule at 9 a.m. (PDT) on the GOP's challenge of the election results. I never know what to expect from the state of Washington, but I'm pretty optimistic that the results will go in favor of the Republicans. However, no matter the outcome, this thing is going to the Washington State Supreme Court for (hopefully) a final ruling. Given my devotion to the cause following the general election last November, I'm hoping that things go the right way for Mr. Rossi. The state really needs a new election.

Anyway, that's what I am looking forward to today. Hopefully I'll have good news to share with you all soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home