Friday, March 25, 2005

The Search - Day Two

OK, so nothing earth-shattering today, unfortunately. I checked out two places last night--one furnished and the other unfurnished, but I think I may have told you all about that already. I really liked the furnished one and it seemed to fit what I would need pretty well. So after checking it out I called the woman back and left her a voicemail telling her that I was very interested in getting everything finalized soon. She had told me that it could be available as early as Sunday which would have been perfect.

Today, however, I called her again and again it went to voicemail. I checked craigslist again to see if the ad was still there and it appears that it has been pulled--bummer. However, I still filled out an application and emailed it to her hoping that it was just a glitch in the matrix. I'm not expecting anything to come of it so I'm focusing as much as I can on other openings, of which there are not many considering it is Easter weekend--ahhh timing.

The good news is that I submitted today an application to the owners of the other, unfurnished studio that I looked at two days ago and spoke to them on the phone about it as well. Apparently, I am first in line for it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed at the moment. They want to make a decision this weekend so I could be all set pretty soon! Even though it would be unfurnished, it would be nice to have a place to start calling "home", at least for the next six months. If I get it, I'll start collecting donations from all y'all.

Today I also swung by my new office at the USDA to pick up a memo basically saying that I will be making enough money to pay the rent. I missed my new boss by a few minutes (haven't met him yet) but had the pleasure of chatting with the security guards for a bit. I told them that I would see them again on Tuesday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home