Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Search - Day Three

OK...so I think I'm getting close. A decision is supposed to be made today on the unfurnished studio I applied for. However, I found out that I'm going up against a married couple so my chances took a significant plunge I think. They have said that they would like a one-year lease and I told them I'm hoping for a six-month lease. I'm pretty sure that the other applicants are looking for a one-year lease so that doesn't help me either. I did, however, tell them that if the length of lease is the determining factor I would like to know in order to be flexible if I have to be. I'm hoping they will honor that request since I was the first one with an application in, but I'm not counting on it...they are landlords after all (and hopefully they aren't reading this!).

But something else became available last night. Now, I'm no expert in the habits of young professionals in the DC Metro area, but something tells me that there are not a whole lot of people looking for apartments on Friday nights. So, when I found this listing, I sent them an email right away telling them a little of my situation along with a completed application. Then this morning I received a call from them saying that I sound like the perfect candidate for the apartment and that they would like to rent to me--all this without me even looking at the place? The best part of it all is that the studio is available "immediately." This sounded great because apparently the studio has great views of the city and monuments, etc. I missed the call and got this info from a voicemail they left me so when I called them back, again they sounded very optimistic about me moving in soon. However (there is always a "however" or "but"), the "immediately" they were referring to means the beginning of May, not the beginning of April--UGH!

At this point, it looks like I'm gonna be living from couch to couch for the next month until this place opens up. However, I haven't even decided I'm going to take it if offered to me because, as I mentioned earlier, I haven't seen it yet. I have an appointment scheduled today for 6 p.m.

For any of you fellow "Finding Nemo" fans out there, I find me telling myself to "just keep swimming."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home