Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Search...IS OVER!!!

Yes, the title of this entry leaves nothing to the imagination. For those of you who have been reading along as I have gone through the ups and downs of trying to find a place in world-record time, it has been a long, arduous journey (of only 4 days but who's counting).

My last entry began with me surmising that I was close to finding a place. I'm not kidding you, ten minutes after I posted it, my phone rang and it was the landlord of the unfurnished studio that I looked at my first day here offering it to me. This is the same one that the married couple applied for so it actually came as quite a surprise. Shortly after the phone call, I did the necessary things to close the deal (i.e., gather the funds) and headed over to my new abode to sign the paperwork and collect the keys. Since the studio was empty and they were hoping to fill it quickly, I'll be moving in tomorrow (Easter Sunday). I can't help but think that my flexibility helped me out a LOT in nailing down this place!

Needless to say, I'm very happy and excited, but most of all relieved and thankful that the search is over. This is the very first place I have had by myself (I've always--since college--had a roommate) and I must say that it feels GREAT! The best part about it is that I have a home before my job starts on Tuesday morning. And another bonus is that I can now focus on my insurance options and figure out exactly what insurance plan is right for me.

For now, however, I'm gonna get some sleep. As I was hanging out with one of my buddies while watching the Illinois-Arizona NCAA basketball game (I was rooting for Arizona--go PAC-10!), it suddenly dawned on me just how relaxed I felt as a result of knowing that I had place to call home. It doesn't really matter that it is totally unfurnished. It's stability and that is exactly what I need at this point!

On that note, if any of you local folks (DC Metro area) have items that you need stored for the next six months, just let me know because I think I'll be able to help you out. For starters, I'll need:

bed or at least a mattress (no smaller than a full-size)
table and chairs
television
DVD player (priorities, people!)
microwave
sofa or loveseat
coffee table or something else to support the TV

I'm sure I'll be keeping myself busy over the next few days stocking up on little odds and ends while I have access to my buddy's car. After that, well...I'll probably still call him up and borrow it!

As for now, I'm going to enjoy my Easter gift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home