Saturday, April 23, 2005

I have insurance!!!

Yes, it is true.

I signed the papers yesterday at work to become a member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield - Standard plan. As you can imagine, it is a HUGE load off my mind considering that I've been avoiding it for as long as possible.

I was so excited yesterday that I celebrated by going bowling (yeah, I'm a real party animal) with a bunch of friends last night. I did alright until the last game. It was humbling even while it was fun especially since I haven't bowled in probably 4 years!

Anyway, I'm very excited about being able to focus on the next step. I've still got some paperwork left over from my new job--things like life insurance, retirement plan, flexible spending accounts and ethics forms--all easy stuff compared to the health insurance. Most importantly, this now makes it possible for me to at least make an appointment with my new doctor and figure out what my treatment plan will look like.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I AGREE!!!! What are you up to???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home