Tuesday, April 19, 2005

quick update

Hi Everyone!

It's been far too long since I've updated this blog and I hope you are not feeling neglected. I really have been keeping myself busy with insurance stuff as well as trying to settle into a routine and put as many finishing touches on my place as I can. It's still pretty bare in my apartment, but things are coming along nicely. I need some wallhangings and a love seat and I'll be good to go. I tried to post pictures of my apartment (before and after) the other day, but apparently I'm not smart enough to figure it out just yet. But keep checking back because I will get them up eventually!

The really good news is that I got my DVD player in the mail yesterday -- thanks Mom! I haven't exactly had the time to use it yet, but hopefully that will change by the weekend when I should (operative word: should) have my insurance picked out and the forms signed in blood. I started out with--get this--27 different plans!!! I've got the numbers narrowed down to 15: five HMO's and 10 PPO's.

By the way, does anyone know how much a 6-week daily radiation therapy session costs? I'm being serious actually. I don't know and I'm trying to find out. That will play into my decision quite a bit probably.

In closing, did any of you see the new MyPyramid nutritional program rolled out by USDA today??? It got a little overshadowed in the media by the election of the new Pope Benedict XVI so you may have missed it. Since I work at USDA, I've poked around on a little bit and it is quite user-friendly. (I had no part in its development, FYI.) I would encourage you to check it out at www.mypyramid.gov.

Hasta manana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home